Breckenridge Ski Resort Announces Details For Annual “Breck Spring Fever” Festival
· Spring Fever is the biggest spring celebration in the Rocky Mountain Region
· Will take place this year March 22-April 20, 2014
· Over 40 Events Taking Place On the Mountain and Throughout Breckenridge
· Bud Light Concert Series Returns With Signature Concerts on Peak 8
Breckenridge Ski Resort today announced the return of Breck Spring Fever, the largest spring party in the Rocky Mountain region. The month-long festival will kick off March 22, and will continue through Breck’s Closing Day, April 20, 2014.
Breck Spring Fever, presented by Breckenridge Ski Resort, will encompass more than 40 events in the month-long festival, taking place both on the mountain and in town, all while visitors can continue to ski and ride the best spring snow in Colorado. The month-long series of events will feature everything from food specials, free live concerts to competitions and kids’ events.
Returning signature events include the free Bud Light Concert Series, featuring national acts performing live on Saturday and Sunday afternoons the last two weekends of the Breckenridge ski season on the mountain at the base of Peak 8, the Third annual “Mountain Dew Throwback Throwdown” superpipe and minipipe competition, the 18th Annual Imperial Challenge, and extended afternoon chairlift operating hours on select days.
Breck Spring Fever 2014 Signature Events will include:
· The Bud Light Concert Series, with national acts performing live on April 12, 13, 19, and 20 on a specially-constructed stage on the mountain at the Peak 8 base
· Extended operating hours on Fridays on the 5 Chair & Colorado SuperChair
· The third Annual Mountain Dew Throwback Throwdown superpipe & minipipe competition
· The Breck Ascent Series uphill ski touring races on Wednesday afternoons
· The fourth Annual Ripperoo Winter Mascot Olympics
· The 18th Annual Imperial Challenge bike, uphill & downhill triathlon on April 12
· Park, Pipe, and Big Mountain Camps for adults and children
· The third Annual “Spring Fever Chili Cook-off”
· Easter egg hunts both on the mountain and in town
· A sunrise Easter service at TenMile Station
· The Spring Series International Ski Federation Super G & Giant Slalom Races
· The fourth Annual Ripperoo Mini World Cup
· In conjunction with IFSA, a brand new big mountain freestyle competition on Breck’s newest terrain, Peak 6
More events and details continue to be added daily; for the latest news and details on all the events taking place, visit www.BreckSpringFever.com.
This year, Breck Spring Fever will also coincide with the 2014 Mountain Travel Symposium (MTS), the largest gathering of mountain travel professionals in North America, which will also be hosted by Breckenridge Ski Resort.
Breck is also offering incredible Spring Fever getaway deals for lodging and lift ticket packages, including the Spring Fever Steal lift & lodging package, as well as great discounts for groups of 20 or more. For full details, visit www.BreckSpringFever.com.
Breck Spring Fever is hosted by Breckenridge Ski Resort, and is presented by: Bud Light, Mountain Dew and Red Bull. Associate partners include GoPro, Helly Hansen, and the Official Lodging Properties of Breckenridge Ski Resort (The Village at Breckenridge, The Village Hotel, The DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, One Ski Hill Place, Crystal Peak Lodge, and Mountain Thunder Lodge). To enjoy lodging rates for as low as $149 with a two night length of stay, visit Breckresorts.com.
Breckenridge Ski Resort is open until Sunday, April 20 this year, so save your sick days and come play during Spring Fever! For more information about this month-long series of events, call 970.453.5000 or visit www.BreckSpringFever.com
More info, photos and broadcast-quality video footage of Breckenridge Ski Resort are also available at http://news.breckenridge.vailresorts.com. Please credit the photographer listed and Breckenridge Ski Resort.
Vail Resorts, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is the leading mountain resort operator in the United States. The Company's subsidiaries operate the mountain resorts of Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone in Colorado; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in the Lake Tahoe area of California and Nevada; Canyons in Park City, Utah; Afton Alps in Minnesota and Mt. Brighton in Michigan; and the Grand Teton Lodge Company in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The Company's subsidiary, RockResorts, a luxury resort hotel company, manages casually elegant properties. Vail Resorts Development Company is the real estate planning, development and construction subsidiary of Vail Resorts, Inc. Vail Resorts is a publicly held company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: MTN). The Vail Resorts company website is www.vailresorts.com and consumer website is www.snow.com.