BRECKENRIDGE, Colo. – November 4, 2013– Today, Breckenridge Ski Resort announced the 2013-14 season policy for uphill access within the BSR operating area. This season’s policy has been streamlined for easier use and can be found at www.Breckenridge.com under the Mountain Information section. All uphill users must abide by the updated rules as follows:
- Uphill access is only permitted outside of public operating hours – from 5 p.m. to 8:30 a.m.All uphill users must be clear of the mountain by 8:30 a.m.
Stay on designated routes:
- Peak 7 - Fort Mary B > Claimjumper > Lower Forget Me Not > top of Independence chair - return down the same route.
- Peak 8 - Springmeier > Upper 4 O’clock > Lonewolf Access > T-Bar Hut – return down the same route.
- Peak 9 - Silverthorne > Lower American > Bonanza > top Beaver Run chair or top of Mercury chair - return down same route.
- Peak 10 - Silverthorne > Red Rover > Crystal > top of Falcon chair – return down the same route.
- Peak 6 - Closed to uphill access for the 2013-14 season.
- Avoid all areas where machinery is operating. Snow Cat winching operations may be in progress. Strobe lights mean stay clear and avoid the area altogether.
- Call the trails/winch cat hotline at 970-547-5627 before accessing the mountain. This number provides important information about seasonal restrictions and ski area operations that may impact access.
- Stay off all posted CLOSED trails and areas. Stay off Black Diamond terrain. Stay off all Terrain Park features and jumps.
- Obey all pertinent signage.
- Stay towards the side of the trail.
- Maximize your visibility - position yourself so that you are visible from above; wear reflective or brightly colored clothing.
- Once up the hill, no one may ride a lift without a valid ticket or season pass.
- Dogs, other than Service Dogs, are not allowed.
Early Season Guidelines:
Uphill access will not be allowed on trails during mountain preparation/early season snowmaking. The work taking place makes it unsafe for public use. Breckenridge Ski Resort will open these trails when operations are complete, which could extend beyond the November 8, 2013 ski area opening or until the resort has adequate terrain to safely permit these activities.
Permit parking is allowed in the Mid Lot at Peak 8, and the Beaver Run Parking lot between 5:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. For more information on parking passes, call 970-496-5455.
- All cars utilizing these lots will need a Breckenridge Ski Resort parking permit. To get a permit, please visit the Gondola ticket office during normal operating hours (9 a.m. – 4 p.m. through Nov. 7; 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. starting Nov. 8).
- Specific parking spaces in each lot will be designated by uphill access signage. Once these spaces are full, uphill access overflow parking will be located in the South Gondola lot with transportation to ski area via town busses.
- All cars not showing a valid uphill parking permit or parking in non designated parking space will be subject to tow at the owner’s expense.
For additional information regarding uphill access, contact the Breckenridge Ski Patrol at 970-496-7292.
Visit Breckenridge.com for terrain updates, snow reports, lodging deals, event details and the lowest priced lift tickets guaranteed. Stay connected all season long and learn more about Breckenridge Ski Resort at www.facebook.com/Breckenridge or follow @breckenridgemtn on Twitter.
Vail Resorts, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is the leading mountain resort operator in the United States. The Company's subsidiaries operate the mountain resorts of Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone in Colorado; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in the Lake Tahoe area of California and Nevada; Canyons in Park City, Utah; Afton Alps in Minnesota and Mt. Brighton in Michigan; and the Grand Teton Lodge Company in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The Company's subsidiary, RockResorts, a luxury resort hotel company, manages casually elegant properties. Vail Resorts Development Company is the real estate planning, development and construction subsidiary of Vail Resorts, Inc. Vail Resorts is a publicly held company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: MTN). The Vail Resorts company website is www.vailresorts.com and consumer website is www.snow.com.